King Tractor on Films & Comic Books

A small comic book publisher daily struggles.

Friday, September 30, 2005

San Diego Comic Con...months late pt 1

Yeah...I know this is so far after the fact. But I was at the San Diego Comic Con last summer promoting our up-coming books. I had a Gene Gardens t-shirt on, not sure if any fans recognized me but more than a few creators did. Thanks guys! At least it's nice to know that my peers have noticed us. Next year we should have a King Tractor Press table. I'm sending in my application early.

Here are some pictures that I will try to point out the faces if I can. Please feel free to comment on any that I get wrong.



This is Eric Powell of The Goon fame. Great book and extremely nice guy. I have to admit that I hadn't quite gotten around to reading The Goon when I took this picture. But he was nice and seemed to like our art, so I shot the photo. Then I read the first volume and was blown away. Sometimes it's better if you don't have a clue who a celebrity is when you meet them. Less chance of passing out.



This of course is Terry Moore from Strangers In Paradise. And the photo is proof that he's not a woman, contrary to the rumors.

The girls below were promoting the film Oldboy but I'm not sure whether they were actually in the film.



This is Stan Sakai who writes Usagi Yojimbo. It's still going strong and one of the best indie books ever. Highly recommend everyone checking out the series, especially Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans.

Here's a nice crowd picture. Notice the big brown furry creature?

NO!!! I'm not talking about the guy with the glasses and backpack. I'm talking about the thing behind him. I haven't a clue to what that is...but I think it was following me.

[Belacaleb smartly states that the brown thing is an uglydoll. "The one named "Wage," to be specific." he says. Here's a photo of them and I see the resemblence. Though the glasses and backpack throw me off...but otherwise dead on. Still I'm unsure of the thing behind "Wage".]

There was some high energy at the KWOON booth. I have to admit that I've seen the DVD and it's enjoyable, but only if you like poor acting cheese with some decent kung-fu. I can't call what I saw martial arts, no art about it. But it was interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home