King Tractor on Films & Comic Books

A small comic book publisher daily struggles.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bringing the "Family Bones" out of the closet.

I'm happy to announce that the first issue of "Family Bones" is almost done. We've still got lettering to do and send to the printers, but you should see it on shelves by December. This is the first mock-up of the cover. The actual price will be $3.50 (more than a $1 savings from the original price.) I have been working to bring the price down with printers.

I am also working to sell advertisement to help pay for the high printing costs. If you would like to advertise or know someone who wants to get in on one of the best venues for targeted marketing out there, please contact me at shawn (the at sign) kingtractorfilms dot com. I'll jump through hoops if it would mean bringing the costs of the books down (remember when an allowance could buy you a couple comics?) and still pay these starving artists.

I have to give a huge thanks to all the artists working for me or working on the books that I love to read. Many make less than $5 an hour (or free!) when you figure out how many hours they spend and the low pay per page. Without their dedication we wouldn't have comic books. I hope everyone appreciates them as much as they deserve.

"Family Bones" is based on the true story of a young man who spends the summer with his aunt and uncle, Ray and Faye Copeland. If you haven't heard the story...READ IT! Just kidding. Ray and Faye ended up on Missouri's death row after years of serial killing. Let's just say that it was a summer that no one will forget. The first issue has art by Orlando Baez & Kenneth Landgraf. Orlando has a few other horror titles coming out and Kenneth is most known for his issues of Wolverine, Conan, and Superman. The art is fantastic and I hope everyone likes the book, even if it's a bit creepy.

Here are a few pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home