King Tractor on Films & Comic Books

A small comic book publisher daily struggles.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Gene Gardens is coming.




Gene Gardens is one of my series. I wrote the series trying to be a straight sci-fi from the 50's or 60's. With the writing done I found two incredible artists, Dawid Strauss and Sarah Ruffino. The first pages can be found up top.

So what put a halt to the advancement of Gene Gardens you ask? It was me. I came up with the bright idea of doing a one-shot of Gene Gardens story before the series. Dawid and Sarah dove right into it. The story is about one of the main characters of Gene Garden, Adam and how he joined the Elite Guards. The book, now titled Hero Seed, explains a bit about Adam and why he is the way he is when Gene Gardens starts.




Here are some pages from that.



I liked it, but Dawid thought he could do better. Some of the critics said that it was too MAD like. I disagree...I think it's pretty original and once colored the change is very evident. But Dawid insisted that he could do better. I agreed to give him time and we all want to get Gene Gardens right. I think I speak for everyone on the team, but this book is worth it. I know that Dawid and Sarah are amazing artists and they are worth it. So we went back to the drawing board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home