King Tractor on Films & Comic Books

A small comic book publisher daily struggles.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Warren Ellis Dreams Of A Perfect World.

Over at THE ENGINE, Warren Ellis' message boards, there is a thread on the new website, Independent Propaganda.
Here's Warren's last point.
" From: Warren Ellis (WARRENELLIS)19:20
To: Shawn Granger (MRGRANGER) 19:24

[Wesley...thanks for the email back. As you can see, many of us are looking for new ways to get out there. The discourse can only make your idea stronger and IP better. ]

I am also going to point out that questioning something to death is a very good way to induce paralysis at best and insurance that it'll never fucking happen at worst. Trust me. I've been around a lot longer than you guys.

Warren Ellis "

I'm surprised that Warren said this in light of SPEAKEASY comics closure, and I know he is well aware of past mistakes in the comic industry. You can't throw a stick without hitting a bankrupt comic book publisher/distributor around here. I'm sure Warren is just trying to be uplifting and rallying the Indy troops. "Follow me!" That makes for a great scene in a film, but it's exactly the kind of poor business sense that infests the independent comic book industry.

Believe me, if you want to make it in ANY business venture then you cannot questions your decisions enough before the go live date. It's alot easier to change something BEFORE it is released. Unless of course you happen to be Microsoft, then you can expect great success with bugs galore.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger MrTractor said…

    I thought I did. Nothing new in the blog that I didn't clutter you site with. Just thought it a point worthy of copying here for anyone that stops by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home